Tuesday 7 August 2018

Did you work for Radio Atlantico del Sur?

Checking the settings on this blog, I spotted that they were configured only to allow comments from users with Google accounts. I changed that to allow anyone to post comments, including anonymously.

I would particularly welcome comments that correct any inaccuracies in any of my posts.

I'd also be very pleased to hear from anyone who was connected in any way with the operation of Radio Atlantico del Sur. Confidentiality is assured. I've chosen not to name in this blog anyone who was intimately associated with RAdS unless their identity is already published (to date, the only name in that category is that of the late Neil ffrench-Blake, the station's civilian manager) or they have confirmed to me that they are happy to be named.

Along with ffrench-Blake, I've come to know the names of six other people who worked on RAdS. A check through my blog will show that I've refrained from naming any of them. Four of the six were military officers, whose full names appear in MoD documents now released to the National Archives, but as I don't know how they or their families feel about that I've only referred to them by the initial of their surname and their rank at the time of the 1982 war. They were Colonel S. (who headed the MoD's Special Projects Group, SPG, for most of the war and was key to persuading his superiors to approve the radio project), Colonel L. (his successor), Lieutenant-Colonel B. and Squadron-Leader G. (who both worked directly with ffrench-Blake).

Last December I was contacted by one of the civilians who worked on RAdS, and was very happy to host his reminicences on this blog, naming him only as "A".

© 2018. Material may be reproduced if attributed to Chris Greenway and any original source.

No comments:

Post a Comment